Absolute Home Solutions – How to find a Storm Repair Contractor
When storm damage happens to your home, you are put in a very vulnerable position. We started Absolute Home Solutions in 2001 to help people. Our owner, Steve Holmes, has a love for building and repairing structures. He found that passion while serving in the Army Reserves. Steve continues to run his business built on a passion for doing things right and making his community better. We understand the importance and value in doing quality work, correctly, the first time! At Absolute Home Solutions, we want to make sure you have someone to call on that you can trust. If you’re needing storm repair, we hope you’ll give us a call. Take a look at some of the things you should look for in a storm repair contractor, whether you use us or someone else. We want to make sure you find a reputable contractor, here in our area that will take good care of you!
Be On the Lookout for Scammers
The first thing you should be aware of is contractors from out of your area. There are scammers that will follow storms or chase damage. They will promise the world and warranties, do a half job repair and leave town. Be sure your contractor is locally based with reputable reviews so you’re not stuck with a warranty issue from someone that’s left town. You want to look for a contractor who:
- Is locally owned and operated with a positive track record
- Is fully insured; liability and workers comp, as well as licensed for your state
- Has insurance claims experience
- Can pass background checks and performs background checks on all employees
- Can provide at least 3 local references
Questions to ask a storm damage contractor before hiring:
- How long have you been in business? Where did you establish your business?
- Tell me about/What is your experience with insurance claims? How many insurance claims have you handled for customers in the last 12 months?
- Do you outsource your workers or use sub-contractors? Who will my site manager be?
- What are your expectations for your team on this job; timeline, number of employees, etc.
- Do you specialize in storm repair?
- Is your company fully insured with liability and workers comp coverage?
- Can you provide me with references for work completed in the last 12 months?
- What permits will be required to complete my job? What is the timeline for those?
It seems everyone has a story of a bad contractor. We’re here to change that perception. At Absolute Home Solutions, we are absolutely committed to doing right by our customers. Our business is built from referrals, which is the only way we’ve stayed in the game for over 20 years! We take care of our customers! We are happy to answer questions and help in any way we can. Give us a call and let us show you the Absolute Home Solutions difference!